How do I share a Facebook post with one friend?
Facebook Help Team
- Click the “Audience Selector” in the bottom right hand corner.
- Select “More Options”
- Choose “Custom”
- On “Share with,” type in your friend’s name and remove anything else in that box.
- Click “Save Changes” and share your post with only that friend.
How do I make a post only visible to one person?
How do you do it?
- Step 1 – Type your status update as normal. …
- Step 2 – Select the ‘custom’ option from the pull-down menu. …
- Step 3 – Once you have selected ‘specific people and lists’ start typing in the names of individuals you’d like to see the post.
What happens when you share a post with specific friends on Facebook?
When you use the Custom audience option to share a post with a list or specific people, the people you share the post with may be able to see each other’s names. You can also use the Friends Except and Specific Friends audience options to include or exclude specific friends from your post.
How do I share with friends except?
How to Use the ‘Friends Except’ Setting in Facebook
- Select the What’s on your mind? …
- Click the Privacy drop-down list next to your name and profile image. …
- In the Select Privacy list, choose Friends Except.
- Select the name of the friend or friends you want to exclude from seeing your post. …
- Select Save Changes.
Why do I only see Facebook posts from certain friends?
You can’t see friends’ statuses because of an algorithm Facebook uses to cut down the “noise” on your profile. This algorithm looks at which friends you’ve had the most interactions with and prioritizes posts from those people when constructing your News Feed. … After all, Facebook is supposed to be a social network.
What happens when you exclude someone from a Facebook post?
Well, Facebook does not let the person know, unless you happen to tag them! … From a technical standpoint on Facebook, the excluded people will have no way to know that you posted the status update.
Can you post a story for only one person to see on Facebook?
Set your story privacy to Friends. Tap Hide Story From. Tap to select the people you’d like to hide your story from. Tap Done or at the top, then tap Save.
When you share a post on Facebook who sees it?
Facebook Help Team
If you share a post you see onto your friend’s Timeline, it will only appear on your friend’s Timeline, not on your own. However, you can also share a post you see onto your own Timeline for all of your Facebook friends to see. Why is ‘share’ sometimes not available?
How do I know if someone shared my post?
It’s possible to check directly from your timeline whether someone has shared your content.
- Select your name on the main Facebook page.
- Scroll down to look at your posts.
- If you see text directly underneath a post that says something like ‘1 share’ (or more if you’re popular), that means it’s been shared.
When I post something on Facebook who sees it?
Facebook Help Team
When you share something with Public that means anyone including people off of Facebook can see it. Your friends will be able to see your post in their News Feeds and on your Timeline, but even Facebook members who are not your Facebook friend would be able to see those public posts on your Timeline.
What does share with friends except mean on Facebook?
Friends of Friends except- means that your privacy setting is set at “custom” on that post showing that when you post with this setting then friends and anyone else who is friends with your friends can view the post except for anyone who is placed on a restricted list.
How do I hide Facebook posts from certain friends?
Hide all future posts from a person or people
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner, and choose Settings.
- Choose Privacy from the left-hand menu.
- Under the “Who can see my stuff?” heading, choose Edit.
- Hit the pull-down menu to the left of the Post button.
- Choose custom.
How do I make my posts public except?
Type your two cents, add your photo (or video) and right before hitting post, click the friends button to the left. This will take you to a drop-down menu. Select more options and then custom. Under don’t share with, add anybody you’d rather not see the post and save your changes.