How do I open a shared folder with different credentials?
In the Folder box, type the path of the folder or computer, or select Browse to find the folder or computer. To connect every time you log on to your PC, select the Reconnect at sign-in check box. ** This is the point where you should also choose “Connect using different credentials”.
How do I give someone access to my shares?
How to Change Share Permissions
- Right-click the shared folder.
- Click “Properties”.
- Open the “Sharing” tab.
- Click “Advanced Sharing”.
- Click “Permissions”.
- Select a user or group from the list.
- Select either “Allow” or “Deny” for each of the settings.
How do I change my network sharing credentials?
The command ‘net use \SERVER * /user:username’ works to change the credentials for the share. Thanks!
How do I get a network share to prompt for credentials?
You should be able to access and then delete cached credentials when you’re done.
- Navigate to the share (\serversharename)
- At the command prompt, type: “net use \serveradmin$” which will prompt for credentials.
- Type the UNC to get to your share.
- Once you’re done, type: “net use \serveradmin$ /delete”
How do I open a folder in another user?
Run Windows Explorer as Another User
- When logged in as a normal, non-privileged user, navigate to your system folder, usually C:WINNT.
- Shift-right-click on explorer.exe.
- Select “Run As” and provide the credentials for the local admin account.
How do I map a drive without the letter?
I can do this by opening my computer, right click and select “Add a network location” and then select the share. This will bring up a shared folder without a drive letter. This works great for what we need.
How do I get permission to access a folder?
Granting Access to a File or Folder
- Access the Properties dialog box.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click Edit. …
- Click Add… …
- In the Enter the object names to select text box, type the name of the user or group that will have access to the folder (e.g., 2125. …
- Click OK. …
- Click OK on the Security window.
How do I manage permissions on a shared folder?
To change the share permissions, click the folder or volume, in the Actions pane click Properties, and on the Permissions tab, click NFS Permissions. To configure permissions, you add, edit, or remove permissions for each individual client group or host for which you want to configure access.
How do I give someone access to my drive?
Choose who to share with
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under “People,” type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.
How do I remove Network sharing credentials?
Click the “Manage your credentials” option at the top left. Select the Windows Credentials type and you’ll see the list of credentials you have saved for network share, remote desktop connection or mapped drive. Click one of the entries in the list and expand it, you can then click the Remove option to clear it.
How do I remove username and password from Network sharing?
- On your keyboard hit the WINDOWS KEY+R.
- Type Control Panel, then click OK.
- Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change advanced sharing settings.
- At the bottom of the screen, select the All Networks.
- Select Turn off password protected sharing.
- Select Save Changes.
How do I map a Network drive with my username and password?
- Right click ‘My Computer’ -> ‘Disconnect Network Drive’.
- Select your network drive, and disconnect it.
- Right click ‘My Computer’ -> ‘Map Network Drive’.
- Enter the path, and click ‘Connect using a different username and password’
- Input the appropriate username and password.
How do I find the username and password of a shared folder?
The list of shared folders for all computers on the network appears in the window. Just open the icon of the folder you want to use. As in Windows Vista, you may be prompted to provide login information to access the shared folder. Type your username and password to get proper access to the folder.
What is connect using different credentials?
The next important setting says “Connect using different credentials”. This setting is disabled by default and it means that Windows will try to connect to the mapped drive using the user account and password from your computer.
How do I open a network drive as an administrator?
when you type in \computershare it’ll prompt you for credentials. enter your user admin account and password there and it will let you in.