Why can’t I share something in a private message on Facebook?
In case, if you don’t see the option to send a message to a Facebook Page, then it means that the Page has turned off this feature. So, to contact a Page with messages turned off, you may be able to post on the Page.
How do I share a Facebook post to messenger?
Option 3: To share the post in a private or group message through Facebook Messenger, tap “Send in Messenger.” This loads the Messenger app (if it’s installed on your device), where you can add your own personal message before sharing the post with one or more contacts.
How do I reshare a Facebook post?
Share the post.
Once you’re happy with your sharing options, you can repost the post by clicking the Share button. The post will appear in the timeline or message that you designated. Depending on the privacy settings of the original post, you may not be able to share it with everyone.
How do I turn on private messaging on Facebook?
Go to your Page and tap More. Tap Edit Settings then tap General. In the Messages section, tap On or Off below Allow people to contact my Page privately by showing the Message button.
How do I view private messages on Facebook?
Here’s how to find secret messages in Facebook’s hidden inbox
- Open the Facebook Messenger app. …
- Tap “Settings” in the bottom right-hand corner. …
- Select the “People” option. …
- And then “Message Requests.” …
- Tap the “See filtered requests” option, which sits under any existing requests you have.
Why can’t I share a post to a friend on Facebook?
That means that post is open to the public to see. If you have your profile settings set to “Friends”, then no one will be able to share your posts.
What is the difference between share now and share to Facebook?
Facebook Help Team
Hi Joseph, “Share Post Now (Friends)” refers to sharing on your own Timeline. “Share…” gives you options to share on a friend’s Timeline, in a group, or on a Page you manage. “Send a Message” refers to sharing in a private message.
What happens when you share a Facebook post?
When you share someone else’s post, that post isn’t placed on your own Timeline. Instead, your share is merely a “pointer” to the original post. In other words, when you share someone’s post you’re basically telling your Facebook friends that you like that post and they should check it out.
How do you send a private message on Facebook without using messenger?
How to send messages on Facebook without Messenger
- Navigate to facebook.com on your mobile browser.
- Tap the bell icon to open your Notifications.
- On Safari tap the square w/ arrow icon, on Chrome tap the 3 dots and select “Request Desktop Site.”
- Tap the messages icon to send a message to anyone on your friends list.
How do you send a private message on a cell phone?
Open the Nextdoor for Android app. Tap in the top right corner. Tap Private Message.
Alternately, you can private message the author of a post directly from the Newsfeed.
- Click on the author’s name.
- Select Message.
- Enter a subject and message.
- Click Send.
Is it better to share or repost on Facebook?
When users call for people to “copy and paste” but not share, it is to ensure privacy settings are not preventing a message from being spread. If the goal is to get a piece of information to reach the largest potential audience, then copy and paste is the safest best.
How do I change my share settings on Facebook?
How to Change the Facebook Share Setting for Previously Shared…
- Visit your personal timeline and click the Activity Log button directly below your cover photo. …
- Find the status update for which you want to change the sharing preference. …
- Click the share icon and choose a sharing option from the list.